Where can I get my equipment or wheelchair repaired or serviced?
It depends on these things:
- Who has funded the equipment (ACC, Ministry of Health, private).
- Who issued the equipment to you (accessable or Enable New Zealand).
- Where you live (Auckland and Northland, or south of the Bombay Hills).
ACC funded equipment
accessable provides the national repair service for ACC rehabilitation equipment. You can find contact details and a repair request form on accessable's website.
Ministry of Health funded equipment
Contact the equipment provider for the region you live in.
Auckland and Northland regions
accessable provides the Ministry of Health equipment repair service for these regions. You can find contact details and a repair request form on accessable's website.
Rest of New Zealand
Enable New Zealand provides the Ministry of Health equipment repair service regions south of the Bombay Hills. You can find a list of equipment service agents on Enable New Zealand's website.
Privately owned equipment
- contact accessable repair services or an Enable New Zealand equipment service agent, as above, or
- contact an equipment supplier in your area to see if they can do the repairs, or
- ask your local disability centre for names of equipment repair businesses in your area.
Firstport can help you: