Who can apply for the children's spectacle subsidy?

A parent or guardian can apply on behalf of a child or young person who is 15 years of age or under if:

  • the parent or guardian hold a valid community service card, OR

  • the child has a high use health card issued to them at the time of assessment.

Your child will also need to meet some clinical guidelines to qualify for the subsidy. Your optometrist or ophthalmologist will discuss these guidelines with you during your appointment.

The Ministry of Health website has more information.

Go to Ministry of Health - Children's Spectacle Subsidy (external website)  (Government education website) (external website)



Did this article answer your question?